Second Street Cemetery home of the Elmira Pioneers
414-414 1/2 West Second Street
This is a side by duplex. In 1876 the parcel of land that this house occupies was owned by Mrs. Moriarty, widow. she lived at 358 Elm St. By 1896, the house had been buil and was owned by J. Moriarty, salesman, residing at 414 Carroll St. The house had previously been built as an investment for the Moriarty family. Occupants have included: George Mowry of Mowry and Gosper, boots and shoes, 110 W. Water St.; Afton M. Woster, commercial traveler. Melvin Wooster, steno supeerintendent for the N. C. Railroad; frank Relyea, engineer for the filter plant; and Mrs. Susan Johnson, widow.